Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Reaper3/1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 8:04:01 PM(UTC)
Reaper3/1

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Anyone have an update as to life at Q since covid? I know you can no longer leave and I'm sure everything sucks now so I would like an idea of what I'm getting into by going now.
Reaper3/1  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 4:16:57 AM(UTC)
Reaper3/1

United States

Nothing? Dang.
eastwest  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 6:37:44 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I think the "life at quantico" topic should answer your questions.
Reaper3/1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 6:36:33 PM(UTC)
Reaper3/1

United States

I thought so too but not so much.
gregary2k13  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 7:19:00 PM(UTC)
gregary2k13

United States

Curious about this also. I have heard the conditions at FLETC in Georgia are pretty terrible. I'm curious about what its like at Q.
FBI21  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 12:47:31 PM(UTC)
FBI21

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gregary2k13 Go to Quoted Post
Curious about this also. I have heard the conditions at FLETC in Georgia are pretty terrible. I'm curious about what its like at Q.

Things are still pretty strict. Can’t leave base. Alcohol use is prohibited (unless authorized for special occasion; doesn’t happen often). Additional quarantines probable. Lots of Amazon prime. That’s pretty much it lol
thanks 1 user thanked FBI21 for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick on 4/15/2021(UTC)
Reaper3/1  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 7:13:52 PM(UTC)
Reaper3/1

United States

Can you bring a small tv? I've read guys say that they have their ps4 or whatever but it says no tvs. Also can you not leave base, as in quantico as a whole, or you cannot leave the FBI camp area? Can you receive packages?
gregary2k13  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 5:30:56 PM(UTC)
gregary2k13

United States

Originally Posted by: FBI21 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gregary2k13 Go to Quoted Post

Things are still pretty strict. Can’t leave base. Alcohol use is prohibited (unless authorized for special occasion; doesn’t happen often). Additional quarantines probable. Lots of Amazon prime. That’s pretty much it lol

Wow, thats wild. They are now allowing fully vaccinated trainees to leave base at FLETC but still have hard liquor banned. A lot of students who didn't want the vaccine are getting it just to get some freedom. I have never been but I'd think Q is still a lot nicer than Glynco if thats any solace LOL.
FBI21  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 5:46:40 PM(UTC)
FBI21

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Reaper3/1 Go to Quoted Post
Can you bring a small tv? I've read guys say that they have their ps4 or whatever but it says no tvs. Also can you not leave base, as in quantico as a whole, or you cannot leave the FBI camp area? Can you receive packages?

You have a tv in your room so not sure why you would need another. You can leave FBI grounds, but not the Quantico base. And there’s not much to see/do on base so it can be pretty boring . And yes you can receive packages. That’s what you rely on bc of covid lol
Reaper3/1  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 6:38:39 PM(UTC)
Reaper3/1

United States

I wasn't aware the rooms had a tv. I've heard so many different things. I've also heard it depends on which building you get put in whether or not you have a roommate or not and some people are getting put in hotels. Any truth to that?
tamvid11  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 11:51:18 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I wasn't aware the rooms had a tv. I've heard so many different things. I've also heard it depends on which building you get put in whether or not you have a roommate or not and some people are getting put in hotels. Any truth to that?

You're thinking FLETC not Quantico. FBI doesn't use hotels, they have no need to outsource because they don't have other agencies using their facilities. They are in full control of their facilities and the number of people in and out at all times. You will have a roommate after the initial 2 weeks of quarantine. 2 people to a room, they are suites so 4 to a bathroom. I think end rooms only have 2 to a bathroom.
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
S. Florida Chick on 4/15/2021(UTC)
BrickAgent  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 12:04:28 PM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I CALL TOP BUNK! :)
1995JeepCherokee  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 12:10:13 PM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrickAgent Go to Quoted Post
I CALL TOP BUNK! :)

dangit
IAdreamin  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 1:47:40 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I know FBI National Academy isn't the same as NAT/NIAT as far as the curriculum goes, but I searched "fbi dorms" in the Google machine and found quite a few blogs from NA attendees. They were staying at Monroe (maybe Madison) or Jefferson Halls, which I believe are the same that NAT/NIAT uses.

Not a virtual tour by any means, but it can at least give an idea of what to expect from accomodations. Pics included rooms, cafeteria, gym, track, auditorium, and maybe some others I'm forgetting. Worth a look if you're bored.
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
thanks 1 user thanked IAdreamin for this useful post.
cmar on 4/7/2021(UTC)
kane0421  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:46:02 PM(UTC)
kane0421

United States

Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post

You're thinking FLETC not Quantico. FBI doesn't use hotels, they have no need to outsource because they don't have other agencies using their facilities. They are in full control of their facilities and the number of people in and out at all times. You will have a roommate after the initial 2 weeks of quarantine. 2 people to a room, they are suites so 4 to a bathroom. I think end rooms only have 2 to a bathroom.

The academy will use hotels for anything other than NAT/NIAT. Pre covid for a long time the dorms were overfilled and they were housing overflow at hotels. I don't know how it's been since covid started. I can't imagine the dorms are full.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:47:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

eastwest  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 4:14:29 AM(UTC)
eastwest

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Are they still doing the 2 week quarantine? It's going to be 2 very long weeks...
BrickAgent  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 4:36:33 AM(UTC)
BrickAgent

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eastwest Go to Quoted Post
Are they still doing the 2 week quarantine? It's going to be 2 very long weeks...

Not sure of that myself, but I can't imagine much has changed in that regard. A buddy of mine went through Q last year at COVID's height and said he had to have food delivered to his room and were only permitted to leave a couple of times a day for PT. That said, I believe they're also incorporating a lot of online training/HR stuff during this time, too, so it's not as though you're just sitting in your room twiddling your thumbs. Would love to hear from others who have been through the process more recently.
GhostyBoy  
#18 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 4:26:27 PM(UTC)
GhostyBoy

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Not sure of that myself, but I can't imagine much has changed in that regard. A buddy of mine went through Q last year at COVID's height and said he had to have food delivered to his room and were only permitted to leave a couple of times a day for PT. That said, I believe they're also incorporating a lot of online training/HR stuff during this time, too, so it's not as though you're just sitting in your room twiddling your thumbs. Would love to hear from others who have been through the process more recently.

Currently here, so I figured I'll give a rundown.

Incoming students are sent to a single dorm (Jefferson Hall), where they are housed in individual rooms. Meals are dropped off three times a day and mail has been dropped off to your door by your counselors. You'll have blocks of 'yard time' so that you can get out and exercise. I got here in January, so we rolled into the onboarding program via virtual classes on the weekdays during the first week. On the second week, to things changed. One, we largely didn't have much virtual work as compared to the first week. Second, we were able to leave our dorm rooms, go to the cafeteria, get food in to-go containers, and then bring it back to our rooms to eat. Yard time stayed the same (one 90 minute block in the morning, one in the afternoon/evening). The April class is lucky in that your only opportunity to exercise is above freezing... those of us coming from warmer places had a bit of a temperature shock, running in the snow and wind.

We moved to the 'normal' dorms the week after we were released from quarantine and ended up in individual rooms. The NIATs were double bunked for a while but most of them got split into individual rooms after one of the training stand downs.

We are able to leave the FBI Academy grounds and hit the main base side up fairly regularly. The Exchange and the commissary are fairly close and Q-Town, a no-kidding little town on the base, has the better options for haircuts and a quick to-go bite to eat. Honestly, most people are sustaining themselves on Amazon. The only times I've been off in the 'real world' was for vaccine administrations and one syllabus-related trip.

When we arrivied, there was a for-purchase WiFi program that was available in the dorms, but since then, the contract was dropped and we're all relying on cell data for personal uses. There's mostly-decent LTE coverage for Verizon most places on campus, but some of these buildings are tough on the cell signal.

Hope that helps.

thanks 3 users thanked GhostyBoy for this useful post.
cmar on 4/16/2021(UTC), Amalgamation on 4/16/2021(UTC), BrickAgent on 4/19/2021(UTC)
Oh3Fifty2  
#19 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 4:57:54 PM(UTC)
Oh3Fifty2

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GhostyBoy Go to Quoted Post

Currently here, so I figured I'll give a rundown.

Incoming students are sent to a single dorm (Jefferson Hall), where they are housed in individual rooms. Meals are dropped off three times a day and mail has been dropped off to your door by your counselors. You'll have blocks of 'yard time' so that you can get out and exercise. I got here in January, so we rolled into the onboarding program via virtual classes on the weekdays during the first week. On the second week, to things changed. One, we largely didn't have much virtual work as compared to the first week. Second, we were able to leave our dorm rooms, go to the cafeteria, get food in to-go containers, and then bring it back to our rooms to eat. Yard time stayed the same (one 90 minute block in the morning, one in the afternoon/evening). The April class is lucky in that your only opportunity to exercise is above freezing... those of us coming from warmer places had a bit of a temperature shock, running in the snow and wind.

We moved to the 'normal' dorms the week after we were released from quarantine and ended up in individual rooms. The NIATs were double bunked for a while but most of them got split into individual rooms after one of the training stand downs.

We are able to leave the FBI Academy grounds and hit the main base side up fairly regularly. The Exchange and the commissary are fairly close and Q-Town, a no-kidding little town on the base, has the better options for haircuts and a quick to-go bite to eat. Honestly, most people are sustaining themselves on Amazon. The only times I've been off in the 'real world' was for vaccine administrations and one syllabus-related trip.

When we arrivied, there was a for-purchase WiFi program that was available in the dorms, but since then, the contract was dropped and we're all relying on cell data for personal uses. There's mostly-decent LTE coverage for Verizon most places on campus, but some of these buildings are tough on the cell signal.

Hope that helps.

Not gonna lie, that sounds awful. But just temporary. I've been through worse places.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed