Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
XFed77  
#121 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 9:52:25 AM(UTC)
XFed77

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Originally Posted by: federalgovtjobseeker Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Floaty Go to Quoted Post
Update: Class for new RO is expected to start towards end of June. Ca site.

So still time to interview and hire. Good luck.

It's my understanding internals in June, and externals in August. However that could change too!

I appreciate your info, Papoose79!

At least we know that within the next 2 to 4 months there's going to be movement/hiring.

The last action was on March 17th, the last day for the RO Assessment. Since HR has to take actions generally within 30 days of the previous one, I'm anticipating the next action to happen by this coming Monday, April 19th, (because April 17th is Saturday), or by May 2nd, because they can have an extension of 15 days. So, we might get some type of action by then, be it a Referral or an Interview.

Have you heard anything about classes being virtual or trainees get to travel?

Thanks!

All face to face training for FY 2021 is cancelled, but that only goes through September 30th, 2021. Depending on when the new hires onboard, there will more than likely be more information on training for them then. Currently, the 3 waves for FY 2019 still have to complete unit 4 and the goal is to complete that in person. My guess is that will need to be completed in person before the new hires can travel for training judging by previous emails. Also, the FY 2020 hires have their unit 3 and unit 4 training still to do as far as I am aware of which they are looking to do in person as well. There is a lot of logistics involved but depending on travel restrictions and the amount of people vaccinated, travel for training will be a go eventually. Right now, with approval from the higher ups, very rare work in the field can happen but there are a lot of hoops to jump through right now for one RO to travel so for a whole group, it’s even harder to plan for that. Hope this helps!

This is very explanatory, encouraging, and useful information. It is very appreciated.

Of course, I know things can change, but it looks like a very realistic account of what is going on behind the scenes and what can happen.
The RO is mostly a field job with contact with the taxpayers. Like the OJI who has been posting here has said, it's better to have these classes in person than virtually for the specific nature of this job. Other jobs that are on a computer all day in an office, can benefit from virtual training, but an RO, needs that in-person experience from qualified OJIs or veteran ROs that can't be obtained virtually to succeed.

It makes sense for them to try to get the 2019/2020 trainees, who still have a class or 2 left because of COVID delays, to get take those classes in person, for them to be better trained, as a possible improvement/decrease/end of COVID looms in the horizon and that this will push back a start date for 2021 trainees due to logistics. Like any other federal agency or organization, the IRS only has a number of personnel, training facilities, and a budget for these activities and it factors in as well.

Thank You!

Nick

Rss Feed  Atom Feed